I'm really excited - and it sounds silly. I walked up to the village shop this evening, and passed group after group of kiddies (plus adult minder/parent) all dressed up in halloween costumes and giggling excitedly. There isn't much street lighting in the village so it was really fun, like lots of little goblins and gremlins. There were so many that I bought some more sweeties just in case I hadn't already got enough. They're in a bowl by the front door.
I've carved a pumpkin and put it outside the front door to signify that we're Halloween celebrators and we just got our first visitor - a little girl dressed up like a witch with her Mum or big sister along for company. The cottage is right at the North end of the village, quite a way away from other houses, so I don't expect many little trick-or-treaters - but I hope we get a few. And I hope they knock loudly cause our doorbell doesn't work.
We never got any trick-or-treaters when we lived in Berkshire.
I've carved a pumpkin and put it outside the front door to signify that we're Halloween celebrators and we just got our first visitor - a little girl dressed up like a witch with her Mum or big sister along for company. The cottage is right at the North end of the village, quite a way away from other houses, so I don't expect many little trick-or-treaters - but I hope we get a few. And I hope they knock loudly cause our doorbell doesn't work.
We never got any trick-or-treaters when we lived in Berkshire.

No comments:
Post a Comment