Saturday, 16 February 2008

Why am I not posting to this blog

I'm really active on my other blogs, and I like this one, but I'm not posting much. I think the reason is because of the way we managed our images. We keep them all on the mac-mini. I prefer to illustrate all posts with a nice picture - and I have a whole host backed up to put in this blog; pictures of chickens and cats eating sweetcorn, photos from the walk we did last week showing the wierd scarecrows they have round her.

The thing is, until I've uploaded my photos and have access to the mac-mini, I can't post them, so I keep putting it off until later.

Result - minimal posts.

Last time I was on the mac-mini was last Sunday. Dave was cooking and we'd just come in from a 7 mile geocaching walk in the lovely sunshine. I thought I had a clear half-hour to upload my photos, sync my iTunes and do sundry bits and pieces of website and blog posting. But after about 10 minutes Dave came upstairs to use the mac-mini and chucked me off. Well, I managed to negotiate an extra 5 minutes to in which to finish syncing my iPod and disconnect everything but that was it.

I guess that's the problem with shared computers. I don't go on it when I'm working from home because, well, I'm working. And during weekends, there is competition.

No comments: