Wednesday, 16 April 2008

Holiday in the UK

Just booked a week's holiday in a place called Orford in Suffolk. So far this year we only had one hol booked - a fairly expensive activity holiday to Les Gets in France with our friends Rosie, Alan and their sons Martin and Stuart. We did this sort of hol last year in Austria and everyone had such a good time, we determined to do the same a gain this year.
View down a glacial valley only accessible in the summerThe great thing about these hols is that there is something for everyone - walkers can hike, water lovers can go white water rafting or tubing, horse lovers can go riding, those who like heights can go paragliding and when you're all tired out, well you can just chill out by the pool or take one of the coach tours with the less active "Lakes and Mountains" crowd. These are quite fun too - Esther and I did a couple last year and I'm fairly sure we dropped the average age between us by a couple of decades.

Anyway, after such an expensive holiday, I still wanted something else but not too pricey and I found some lovely cottages in Suffolk. Having moved to Cambridgeshire, we've still tended to drive off down to our old favourite haunts in Devon, Dorset and Cornwall, but this year I wanted to explore the coastline nearer home. It will be different, but Orford looks like a nice and tiny village with a castle to visit. There are lots of nature walks nearby and the loft appartment we've chosen has a balcony overlooking the estuary so I'm looking forward to mornings drinking coffee sat on the balcony. I'm sure the weather will be fine. Should be fun.

No comments: