Awoke this morning to pouring rain, but the forecast said it would clear up by the afternoon so we headed off for the Maltings at Snape. Used Jane, the Tom Tom, but for some reason she took us by some circuitous route. Family beginning to get suspicious of Jane.
Apparently they have a really nice market on the 1st Saturday of each month – and this was indeed true. It is not often that we walk into a market where every food stall contains food that we really want to buy. There was a fish van from which Esther and I got dressed crab and crayfishtails for tonights meal at home (so we can watch the final episode of Dr Who). We also got a Squashed Goad Pie (butternut squash and goat’s cheese). We got lovely organic potten salmon, organic apple juice and a couple of lovely mini quiches.
Everything was out on display for us to taste and we did. Nearly came a cropper on the houmous. Esther put some in her mouth and immediately realised it had nuts in it. She spat it on the floor under the stall and the first I heard was when she said “I need a bottle of water”. When I said that I wasn’t sure there were any for sale, she said that she needed water of any sort quickly to rince her mouth out as she’d just tasted nuts.
I glanced around and spotted some toilets just nearby so dashed with her through the stalls to the disabled loo (nearest) where she washed her mouth out in the sink. Fortunately she’d not swallowed anything, but spend the rest of the day with a puffy tongue and mouth. She said that she thought that this might be the first occasion that she’d end up using her epipen. Close call.
We had a lovely lunch in the Plough and Sail (that I misread as the Plough and Snail). I’d recommend it. We then browsed through the stalls – a lovely antiques shop, gallery, craft shops, just pleasant places. During lunch it had poured with rain, but by the time we were leaving the sun was blazing (still REALLY windy tho)
Headed back for Orford. Jane theTomTom had a strop and wouldn’t recognise the GPS signal. Dave got stressed and I had to take over navigation. Going off Jane big-time.
Did the walk from the Orford blog and found the micro geocache Awful Ness which is about ¼ mile from the loft :)
Looks like the weather will be similar tomorrow. It’s nice because there is no pressure to get up and race around to get out. After all, we are on holiday.
No work yet on thesis. Still, I have the laptop….so should I feel the urge:)

No comments:
Post a Comment