Wednesday, 8 August 2007

Dartmouth Castle

We'd enjoyed yesterday so much we decided to do another bit of coastal path today. Parked in an NT car park and walked along the coast toward Dartmouth. This path was much more gently rolling and less spectacular than yesterday's path, but nice nevertheless. We went around Dartmouth Castle which was actually really good. It was quite small and had some lovely stories on boards about how it was used and some nice big gun emplacements and a video of how they worked. The video was a bit disappointing. It showed the gun being loaded with a big ball and everything but when the time came to fire it - which Stephen and I were looking forward to - the screen simply went white and there was a big bang. Obviously they didn't really fire it. Well, the actors in the film weren't wearing ear defenders or anything - I did wonder about that. I wanted to see how the recoil was and what actually happened. Still, I suppose they might have broken the cannon thing.

Stephen said that although this walk was good, it would have been better to have done yesterday's walk on the last day as the final big splendid walk. Still, we had a good time.

No comments: