Had an eye test. Got some nice new glasses, but during the test the optician asked when I had last had a chloresterol test. I hadn't had one, so she suggested that I have one as I had signs of "rimming". Not sure what that is, or even if it is spelt right. I got the impression that it wasn't too important. I think if I had been under 40 she'd have been more worried, but as I'm over 40 it could be perfectly natural.
Not that I'm a hypochondriac or anything, but I dashed round to the surgery to book myself in for a blood test. The test results are back now, but because I've never been ill since moving here, I don't have a Doctor allocated so nobody actually looked at the test results. I've picked a Dr now, and need to phone tomorrow to find out whether I need to restrain my intake of cheese, milk products and, probably, chocolate. As I don't eat much meat of any sort, I can't really cut down on that.
It will probably turn out just fine, but one can't help but worry.
Didn't stop me stuffing myself with cheese during my recent trip to Edinburgh though :). Well, if I have to cut it out to keep my chloresterol under control, may as well enjoy it whilst I'm in ignorance
Friday, 24 August 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment